SLFS has been offering high quality training and support to students from various clinical programs for the past ten years. SLFS offers training at the following levels:
Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellowships
- Advanced Doctoral Psychology Externship
- Masters Counseling Internships
The training experience at SLFS offers the following opportunities:
- Provide outpatient psychodynamic counseling to individuals of all ages, with a specialized focus on conducting child and adolescent therapy
- Learn and provide parent guidance and parent seminars using Smart Love principles
- Provide social skills group therapy for children
- Conduct neuropsychological and psychological testing with children and adolescents (Psychology students only)
- Participate in the intake team conducting comprehensive intake assessments
- Receive extensive, quality supervision and support from experienced licensed mental health professionals
- Receive group consultation with the author of Intrapsychic Humanism
- Opportunities to learn and participate in marketing and community programs
- Research and Program Fund Development
Trainees with an interest in learning a new approach, Intrapsychic Humanism (IH), and conducting treatment from a humanistic and/or psychodynamic theoretical approach are preferred. IH is a depth psychology that integrates psychodynamic, humanistic, and strength-based philosophies. Trainees with openness to receiving feedback and good organizational skills will be the best fit for a training experience at SLFS. Previous clinical training and/or experience working with children and adolescents in some capacity and relevant graduate academic coursework in child and adolescent development and treatment is preferred.
For more information about current training opportunities and how to apply, contact Dr. Carla Beatrici, Director of Clinical Services, at email@example.com, or 773-665-8052, ext 200.